This is the Dairy Good Cheese Molds recipe.
- Refrigeration: 8 h - 9 h
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream 35 % whipped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 lb (450 g) frozen sweetened raspberries or strawberries thawed, pureed, sieved
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- Assorted fresh fruit
Beat Canadian Cream cheese until fluffy; beat in sugar and vanilla; fold in whipped cream and sour cream*.
Line six (3 1/2 -inch / 9 cm) coeur à la crème molds or similar size wicker baskets** with large moistered squares of cheesecloth.
Divide cheese mixture evenly among prepared molds. Fold over edges of cheesecloth; press down.
Set molds in a shallow pan to drain. (If using wicker baskets, place on rack in pan). Refrigerate overnight.
Combine raspberry puree and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens; cool then chill for at least one hour.
Unmold cheese; remove cheesecloth. Garnish as desired. Serve with thickened raspberry puree and fresh fruits.
*Mixture may be served immediately as a topping for fruit.
**Or use one 7 inch (18 cm) coeur à la crème mold or similar-sized wicker bascket.