This is the Dazzling fondue pairings recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups (1 L) beef broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) homemade pesto or store-bought
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) each of beef, chicken and pork thinly sliced
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Aged Cheddar diced
- 4 oz (120 g) Canadian Gouda diced
- 4 oz (120) Canadian Swiss diced
Melt butter in a cheese fondue pot over medium heat, then cook garlic and onion until slightly golden.
Deglaze with vinegar and reduce by half.
Add beef broth and pesto. Bring to a boil and let simmer 5 minutes.
Wrap cheese cubes with meat and cook them in the broth.
In this new twist on fondue, sliced meat covers the cheese and both are cooked in a flavourful broth, resulting in a tasty pairing. Tradition has sharp Canadian cheddar paired with beef. But try new pairings with chicken wrapped around Canadian mild gouda and pork around a nutty Canadian swiss for a fondue party that’s sure to be remembered.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||34 % / 370 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||143 %|
|Vitamin B6:||89 %|