This is the Deconstructed Egg Sandwich recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 4 eggs
- 2 celery stalks cut into sticks
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw beets grated or thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Mozzarella cut into sticks
- 3 whole-wheat pita breads each cut into 8 wedges
- Yogurt dip
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian thick plain yogurt (Greek-style)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) milk
- 1 green onion or 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chives chopped
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) celery salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a bowl, mix all dip ingredients. Refrigerate.
Place eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and cook for 11–12 minutes in boiling water.
In the meantime, in containers with compartments, place the celery, lettuce, tomatoes, beets, Mozzarella, pita wedges and dip.
Shell the hard-boiled eggs, rinse under cold water and add a whole or halved egg to each container.
Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Serving suggestion: May be served with seasoned and grilled pita wedges.
For faster preparation time, use precut raw beets sold in bags in the produce section.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 237 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||75 %|