This is the Deep Dish Bumbleberry Cheesecake recipe.
- Prep: 55 min
- Cooking: 1 h 30
- Refrigeration: 2 h
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter finely diced
- 8 oz (250 g) 4 pkgs Canadian Cream Cheese brick style softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) Realemon lemon juice or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Realemon lemon juice or fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) thawed, drained mixed berries
Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
Blend flour and brown sugar in a food processor. Add butter and pulse mixture until butter is well combined. Press into an 8-inch (20 cm) spring form pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature. Butter the sides of the pan and reserve.
Increase oven temperature to 450 °F (230 °C). Using a mixer with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat Cream cheese until very smooth. Add sugar and beat until completely incorporated. Blend in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well between additions.
Scrape mixture into crust and smooth. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 200 °F (100 °C) and continue to bake for 1 hour. Run a knife around the edge of the cake, tent loosely with aluminium foil and return to oven. Turn off oven and let cake sit for 40 minutes. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
Blend lemon juice and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add berries and mint and gently toss to combine. Spoon over cheesecake just before serving.