This easy satisfying soup is chockfull of healthy ingredients - including vitamin D. Plus, salmon is rich in heart-healthy, disease-fighting omega-3s.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried basil
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) peeled, diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn niblets
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 8 oz (225 g) uncooked salmon filet cut in small chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Cheddar cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In heavy saucepan, sauté onions, garlic and herbs in butter 5 min until still transparent. Add broth and all vegetables. Simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are cooked 15 to 20 min.
Add milk and salmon. Simmer, until salmon is opaque, 5 to 7 min. Do not boil. Season to taste.
Divide into 4 bowls, sprinkle with cheese and enjoy.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 274 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||131 %|
|Vitamin B6:||34 %|