This recipe is taken from the 1991 Milk Calendar. This is the Double Bran Muffins recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 25 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) wheat bran
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) oat bran
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) butter melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) molasses
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated carrots
Combine flours, wheat bran, oat bran, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir well.
Combine egg with milk, melted butter and molasses. Stir in raisins, sesame seeds and grated carrots. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients just until blended. Do not overmix.
Spoon batter (an ice cream scoop works well for this) into 12 muffin cups that have been buttered or lined with paper muffin cups. Bake in a preheat 400 °F (190 °C) oven for 25 min. Cool muffins in pan 5 min. remove muffins and cool on wire rack.