This recipe is taken from the 2005 Milk Calendar. An Indian restaurant-favourite, the smooth sauce and tender chicken melt in your mouth - like butter. Serve over rice with cucumber slices.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min - 35 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tandoori curry paste or tikka curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh hot pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) paprika
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35 % cream
- 1 1/2 lbs (675 g) boneless skinless chicken cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Place half of butter in a 13 x 9-inch (33 x 23 cm) glass baking dish. Place in oven for about 3 min or until melted. Swirl to coat dish; set aside.
In large deep pot, melt remaining butter over medium-high heat. Cook half of tandoori paste, the ginger, hot pepper, cumin and paprika, stirring, for about 2 min or until fragrant . Add tomatoes; bring to boil. Stir in whipping cream; return to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring often, for 10 min or until sauce is thickened.
Meanwhile, in bowl, combine chicken, yogurt and remaining tandoori paste; toss to combine. Spread in single layer in prepared baking dish. Bake in oven for 10 min. Pour tomato sauce over chicken; bake for about 10 min longer or until sauce is bubbling and chicken is no longer pink inside. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and lime juice.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 127 mg|
|Vitamin A:||37 %|
|Vitamin B6:||30 %|