Macaroni and cheese is the perfect comfort food. This recipe is filled with lip-smacking goodness, starring lots of cheese, cream and milk. Kids love macaroni and cheese and they’ll go crazy for this version. Why not put a smile on their face and serve it tonight?
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1 lb (450 g) macaroni
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) 18 % cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Cheddar shredded
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian White Cheddar shredded
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender; drain well.
Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in cream and milk. Return to medium heat and stir until sauce boils and thickens about 5 min. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes; remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients and macaroni. Spoon into a buttered large oven proof casserole dish.
Combine bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese for topping in a small bowl. Sprinkle over top of macaroni. Brown under preheated broiler for 5 minutes or until golden.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||22 % / 240 mg|
|Vitamin A:||26 %|
|Vitamin B12:||54 %|