The short grain rice and cream give this rice pudding a touch of elegance and it’s so quick and easy to make – comfort food at its best!
- Prep: 5 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 2 3/4 cups (675 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) 18% table cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) short-grain rice (Arborio or Italian-style)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raisins (optional)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In heavy saucepan, bring milk, cream, rice, sugar, cinnamon and salt to simmer over medium heat, stirring often.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 min. Stir in raisins (if using). Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 min longer or until rice is very tender. Stir in vanilla extract. Serve warm or cold.
This pudding thickens upon cooling. Add more cream or milk when serving to thin, if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 184 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||31 %|
|Vitamin D:||30 %|