End of summer salad with fresh arugula, pear, Courtenay cheddar, toasted pecans, and apple cider dressing. This simple yet delicate salad can be served as a meal or side-dish.
- Prep: 20 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shallots minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chives minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grape seed oil
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 fennel bulb trimmed
- 1 Bartlett or Anjou pear cored and quartered
- 2 cups (500 mL) loosely packed arugula
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Courtenay Cheddar shaved thinly with vegetable peeler, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted pecans chopped
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together, vinegar, shallots, chives, honey, and mustard. Slowly, while whisking add grape seed oil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Cut fennel in half from root to stem end. Cut halves into quarters, remove core. With a mandolin or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in large bowl. Thinly slice pear with a mandolin or knife and add to fennel. Add arugula and half of the cheese; gently toss with enough dressing to coat. Plate the salad and sprinkle with pecans and remaining cheese.
You can use approximately 1/4 cup of vinaigrette to dress the salad. Cover and refrigerate any remaining vinaigrette for up to 2 days.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 132 mg|
|Vitamin C:||13 %|
|Vitamin E:||17 %|