This is the Fennel Salad à la Grecque recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Feta diced
- 1 small red onion finely minced
- 20 kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 2 ripe tomatoes diced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Bas-du-Fleuve salted herbs* or chopped fresh herbs
- Juice of one lime
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Finely chop the fennel bulb and leaves. Place in a large salad bowl. Add Feta, red onion, olives and tomatoes. Mix gently.
Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* A mixture of brined herbs from the Lower St. Lawrence area