Here’s a delicious and very grown-up variation on the classic float, which replaces the usual ice cream with a smooth blend of Canadian Mascarpone, cream and cranberry.
- Prep: 10 min
- Freezing: 2 h
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) icing sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned cranberry sauce or cranberry jam
- 2 bottles (750 mL each) rosé sparkling apple cider (without alcohol) or A mixture of 3 cups (750 mL) cranberry juice and 3 cups (750 mL) mineral water
In a bowl, beat Mascarpone with cream and sugar. Add cranberry sauce or jam. Divide preparation into 14 cubes of an ice cube tray (freeze for at least 2 hours).
Place a cube in each glass. Add chosen liquid to fill glass, leaving a little space (foam will be forming on top). Let cubes melt and stand for about 5 minutes before serving.
Plan for the size of your glasses before making ice cubes. If they are narrow, make smaller ice cubes. The float is also delicious with a sweet sparkling hard cider.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||1 % / 14 mg|
|Vitamin A:||7 %|
|Vitamin B12:||2 %|
|Vitamin D:||2 %|
|Vitamin E:||2 %|