With classic Italian flavours, this potato salad bursting with freshness is guaranteed to be a hit.
- Prep: 45 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- Refrigeration: 30 min
- 2 1/4 lb (1 Kg) whole mini red potatoes scrubbed, with skins on
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) basil pesto
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn kernels frozen or canned, drained
- 10 Kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 4 green onions diagonally sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced Canadian Brick cheese
Place potatoes in a pot with enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil and season water with salt. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and transfer to large bowl. Let cool for 5 minutes. Cut potatoes in half or in quarters depending on the size.
Meanwhile, in bowl, whisk pesto and lemon juice. Pour half of dressing over hot potatoes and toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing. Refrigerate salad, uncovered, until cooled to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
Pour remaining dressing over potatoes; add tomatoes, corn, olives, and green onions. Toss gently to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with cheese.
If mini red potatoes are not available, choose medium round red or white potatoes; scrub, cut into 8 wedges and cook until fork tender.
Substitute Canadian Mozzarella for the Brick Cheese. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) of drained capers and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of toasted pine nuts to the salad.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 195 mg|
|Vitamin C:||42 %|
|Vitamin B6:||21 %|