Recipe from Bal Arneson
In these delectable treats, the natural sweetness of carrots sings with the delicate richness of mascarpone.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 25 min - 30 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsalted Butter
- 1 lb (450 g) carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cashews chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Canadian Mascarpone
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) green cardamom powder
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a skillet, heat butter on low heat.
Increase heat to medium and add carrots. Cook for 20–25 minutes or until softened. Stir regularly.
Add sugar and cashews; stir until sugar is fully melted.
Spread gajrela into a 4 x 4˝ (10 x 10 cm) square dish and refrigerate until cool.
Place Mascarpone, icing sugar, cloves and cardamom in a bowl. Mix with a hand mixer until smooth.
Gently spread icing over gajrela. Cut into squares and serve cold.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Ricotta or Cream Cheese
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||4 % / 39 mg|
|Vitamin A:||56 %|
|Vitamin E:||7 %|