As seen in "5 ingredients 15 minutes" - December 2021 edition
Santa’s Elf will give him rave reviews on this delicious and decadent Gingerbread Hot Chocolate, made from scratch with 100% Canadian milk and warm spices, topped with real whipped cream.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 6 minutes
- 1 litre (4 cups) 2% Canadian milk
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) nutmeg
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground ginger
- 180 ml (¾ cup) sugar
- 350 g (about ¾ lb.) 70% dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) decorative sprinkles
- 125 ml (½ cup) mini marshmallows
- 4 gingerbread men cookies
- For the whipped cream:
- 250 ml (1 cup) 35% Canadian whipping cream
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) powdered sugar
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Combine the milk, spices and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
Remove from the heat, add 250 g (about ½ lb) of chocolate to the saucepan and stir.
Using a hand mixer, blend until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth.
Use an electric mixer to whip the cream in a bowl with the powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Store in a cool place.
Place the rest of the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until melted.
Dip the rims of four mugs into the melted chocolate and dust with sprinkles.
Pour the hot chocolate mixture into the mugs. Top with whipped cream and mini marshmallows and decorate with gingerbread men. Dust with more sprinkles if desired.
Nutritional informationPer serving