This recipe is taken from the 2015 Milk Calendar. Store-bought gnocchi is a go-to pantry staple for this Greek-inspired dish. So fast and flavourful.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) 15% or 18% cream
- 1 lb (450 g) pkg store-bought potato gnocchi
- 2 cups (500 mL) green beans cut in half diagonally
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas optional
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) Canadian Feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coarsely chopped fresh mint
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; sauté chicken with garlic, oregano, salt and pepper for 6 to 8 min until chicken is browned and no longer pink inside. Add cream to pan; stir to coat chicken, then turn off heat.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook gnocchi and beans for about 2 min. Add peas and continue to cook until gnocchi starts to float, about 1 more min. Drain. Return gnocchi mixture to pot. Pour in cream mixture; set over medium heat. Cook 1 to 2 min until gnocchi is well coated. Stir in Feta and mint.
A handful of beans, cut in half, measure about 1 cup (250 mL).
Instead of green beans and peas, sauté zucchini and red pepper strips with chicken.
Instead of chicken, try shrimp.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 301 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||40 %|
|Vitamin B6:||56 %|