This is the Gouda and Pear Crepes recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup (250 mL) pear peeled and grated
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) all-purpose lour
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Butter to cook the crepes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) Canadian Gouda grated
- Spicy Stewed Fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apricots diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pears peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peaches peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey or maple syrup or sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) orange juice
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla. Stir in the milk, followed by the melted butter and the pear.
In a large bowl, combine the flour and nutmeg. Make a well in the centre and pour in the liquid mixture. Add the dry ingredients gradually, mixing well to obtain a smooth consistency.
In a skillet, melt a little butter over medium heat and pour in the batter by spoonful about 2 tbsp (30 mL), making about 20 small, thin crepes. Flatten as needed with the back of the spoon. Cook each side for about 2 minutes or until the crepes are nicely golden. Pile the crepes into stacks of 4 or 5, alternating each crepe with the cheese. Reheat in a 375 °F (190 °C) oven for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt. Serve immediately with Spicy stewed fruit.
Spicy Stewed Fruit:
In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Place the dried apricots in the boiling water. Once they have swollen, add the fresh fruit. Add the honey, spices and orange juice. Cover low heat until the fruit is tender about 10 min. Serve warm or cold.
Note : The stewed fruit can be made in advance.
Try it with another Canadian cheese : Cheddar, Canadian Swiss, Mozzarella, Provolone, etc.
Nutritional informationPer serving