This is the Gouda butter chicken tarts recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 30 min
- 15 homemade or store-bought tart shells
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless chicken breasts diced
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) 35% cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup (310 mL) Canadian Gouda shredded, divided
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place tart shells on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a skillet, melt butter on high heat. Sauté chicken with onions, garlic and curry powder for 4–5 minutes.
Add tomato sauce, cream and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir, reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Add cilantro and half the cheese; stir.
Divide preparation among tart shells and garnish with remaining cheese.
Bake in the oven for 10–15 minutes to melt the cheese.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Mozzarella, Cheddar
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||7 % / 78 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||15 %|