Making your own lunch is easy with a little advance planning and strategy. Wrap up this tasty vegetable mixture, chicken and zingy Canadian Feta cheese in a pita with a luscious yogurt dip on the side and you’ll have a lunch that’ll be the envy of your co-workers.
- Prep: 10 min
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 2% plain yogurt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 large black olive minced
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 4 large (about 9 inches/23 cm) whole wheat pita breads
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped English cucumber
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) very thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) diced Canadian Feta cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
In a bowl, combine yogurt, lemon zest and olive. Portion into individual containers or one container, cover and refrigerate until serving, for up to 1 day.
Place one lettuce leaf on each pita; arrange chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion (if using), Canadian Feta cheese and oregano in a line down the centre of each, dividing evenly. Fold top and bottom of pita over filling, then roll up pita tightly around filling to enclose.
Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or waxed paper and refrigerate until serving, for up to 4 hours. To serve, unwrap pita, cut in half crosswise, if desired, and serve with lemon-olive yogurt for dipping or spreading.
Lining the pita with a lettuce leaf keeps the pita from getting soggy. Be sure to pat the lettuce dry thoroughly after washing.
Grill or roast some extra chicken when you’re making dinner to use in these wraps. You’ll need about 1 boneless skinless breast for this recipe. Wrap cooled cooked chicken and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
If you want to make these wraps and eat them right away, you can spread the lemon-olive yogurt on the pita before assembling the wrap instead of serving it on the side.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||20 % / 218 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||36 %|
|Vitamin B6:||32 %|