Pasta lovers rejoice: here’s a quick and easy dinner idea that’s gonna bring you all the flavour and creaminess you love from a pasta dish while still being fit for the hot weather.
This pasta salad recipe will be a hit at your next summer barbecue or picnic: with its crispy bacon bits, grape tomatoes and mini bocconcini cheeses, it is packed with flavours and textures that are will make everyone come back for seconds—and wait until you try the unctuous green goddess dressing!
One thing about pasta salad: it gets even better with a little bit of time, so plan for leftovers by doubling the measurements of this pasta salad recipe, to turn an easy dinner idea into an even more delicious lunch.
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 L (8 cups) Water
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Sea Salt
- 337 g (¾ lb) Farfalle Pasta
- 6 strips Thick-sliced bacon, cut in lardons
- 250 ml (1 cup) Canadian sour cream
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Canadian half and half cream (10% m.f.)
- 250 ml (1 cup) Green onions, roughly chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Tarragon, roughly chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) Chives, roughly chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) Dill, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Sea salt, or to taste
- 7.5 ml (½ tbsp) Cracked black pepper
- 908 g (2 lb) Grape tomatoes, halved
- 200 g (7 oz) Canadian mini bocconcini cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Boil the water in a large pot, over medium heat. Once boiling, salt the water and add the farfalle pasta. Cook the pasta for 15 minutes, slightly over package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
Place the bacon pieces in a cold skillet. Turn the heat onto medium, and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
In a blender or food processor, add the Canadian sour cream, Canadian half and half cream, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth, and the herbs have completely blended together.
Assemble the pasta salad by adding the cooled pasta, grape tomatoes, Canadian bocconcini cheese and half of the green goddess dressing to a large bowl. Toss well to coat all of the pasta in the dressing. Cover the bowl, and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Once ready to serve, add remaining dressing to the pasta to your liking. Toss well. Sprinkle with crisp bacon bits before serving.