This recipe is taken from the 2016 Milk Calendar. Get up and go in the morning with this super smoothie. It’s a fresh and delightful way to greet the day.
- Prep: 10 min
- 3 ripe kiwis peeled
- 3 cups (750 mL) cubed honeydew melon
- 2 cups (500 mL) lightly packed baby kale
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chia seeds
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberries sliced strawberries or your favourite fruit
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) in total pumpkin or sunflower seeds hemp hearts, goji berries, cacao nibs or a combination
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded coconut
Cut kiwis into chunks and place in a food processor or blender. Add melon, kale, banana, milk and chia. Purée until smooth.
Pour smoothie into 3 or 4 bowls. Arrange toppings on smoothie. Serve with spoons.
Underripe kiwi can be a bit sour, so use honey or maple syrup to sweeten. Chia seeds are high in fibre and omega-3 fatty acids and help to thicken the smoothie.
Sprinkle with nuts for extra protein. Substitute your favourite fruits in similar quantities.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||16 % / 172 mg|
|Vitamin C:||180 %|
|Vitamin E:||32 %|