Fresh, flavourful and fast!
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 pkg (350 g) farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) store-bought sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3 cups (750 mL) 1 bundle of asparagus chopped and cooked
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped warm cooked barbecued chicken
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- finely grated lemon zest
- 4 tbsp (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until almost tender. Drain and return to pot.
Whisk flour into milk and pour over pasta. Stir in pesto, herbs and lemon zest. Cook over medium heat, stirring, until sauce thickens, about 3-5 minutes.
Gently add chicken and asparagus. Reheat. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||26 % / 282 mg|