A superb, light meal served with tossed greens on the side.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- 4 ripe medium-sized tomatoes sliced thickly
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) garlic powder
- 12 or more marinated olives pitted and sliced
- 7 oz (210 g) Canadian Bocconcini or Canadian Mozzarella cheese sliced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat broiler. Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oregano. Layer tomatoes and onions in wide, ovenproof dish.
Dot with olives. Arrange cheese on top. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Place on rack a good 10-inch from broiler. Broil until breadcrumbs are browned and cheese melts'about 5 minutes. Serve open-faced on panini or your favourite bread, buttered or not as you prefer.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
|Calcium:||36 % / 359 mg|