This is the Grilled Chicken and Steamed Broccoli recipe.
- Prep: 10 min - 15 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 20 min
- Broccoli with Canadian Cheese Sauce
- 1 bunch of broccoli (about 1 lb/450 g)
- Canadian Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded Canadian white Cheddar cheese
- Honey-Orange Glazed Chicken
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/450 g)
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
Steamed Broccoli with Canadian Cheese Sauce
Cut broccoli into florets; peel and cut stems into 1/4-inch (5 mm) thick slices. Place in steamer over boiling water; cover and steam 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove to serving dish.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together milk, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes or until thickened and bubbling. Remove from heat; stir in Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
Honey-Orange Glazed Chicken
In a measuring cup whisk together orange juice, honey and soy sauce; set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides for 2 minutes per side. Whisk honey mixture and stir into skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for about 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer chicken to a plate.
Return skillet to heat; bring sauce to a boil and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly reduced. Add chicken to skillet and coat with sauce.
To make sure the chicken is moist and tender, keep the sauce at a simmer and don't let it boil.
For a main-course salad, place cooked chicken on a bed of salad greens; drizzle with honey-orange sauce and sprinkle shredded Canadian Cheddar cheese on top.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 272 mg|
|Vitamin C:||205 %|
|Vitamin B12:||56 %|
|Vitamin B6:||53 %|