This recipe is taken from the 2002 Milk Calendar. The appetizing combination of classic Caesar salad flavours make this dish a welcome favourite.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 cups (2.5 L) torn romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup (180) pre-shredded blend Italian cheeses or 1/3 cup (80 mL) freshly grated Canadian Parmesan
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) anchovy paste (optional)
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
In bowl, whisk together milk, mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, anchovy paste (if using), salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in lemon juice. Let stand for at least 10 min or until thickened. Yield: 2 cups (500 mL).
Combine lemon juice, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper; brush over both sides of chicken. Grill chicken over medium heat (or broil) for 15 min (turning once) or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to cutting board; slice thinly.
Toss lettuce and croutons with enough dressing to coat; arrange on plates; sprinkle with cheese, then top with chicken. Drizzle with more dressing and croutons to taste.
For the Adventurous: Add 2 cups (500 mL) torn radicchio or arugula and 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced.
Healthy Eating Tip: Colour matters- Choose dark-green lettuce, like the Romaine in this recipe more often. The darker colour means that it is a good source of nutrients like folate and vitamin A.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||27 % / 293 mg|
|Vitamin A:||43 %|
|Vitamin C:||69 %|