Yogurt, mango and curry lend an exotic touch to this colourful, elegant dish. Replace the chicken with ham or personalize your salad with your favourite brand cheese.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min - 25 min
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 10 % cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) smooth mango chutney
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian Farmers Marble cheese cut into matchsticks
- 10 cups (2.5 L) mixed salad greens or Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomato halved
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrots julienned
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Combine yogurt, cream, chutney, onions and curry powder in a medium-sized bowl. Stir until well mixed. Remove 2 tbsp (30 mL) curried yogurt dressing and set remainder aside.
Brush chicken with the 2 tbsp (30 mL) curried yogurt dressing and place on preheated grill. Cook with lid closed over medium heat for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in centre, turning once halfway through.
Remove from heat and slice thinly. Combine chicken, salad greens, Canadian Farmers Marble cheese, tomatoes, cucumber and carrots in a large salad bowl. Pour remaining curried yogurt dressing over salad and toss well to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Substitute grilled ham for chicken and spinach leaves for mixed greens or Romaine lettuce. Replace the mango chutney by apricot or peach jam. Add few drops of tabasco to the jam to spice it up.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||55 % / 607 mg|
|Vitamin A:||71 %|
|Vitamin B12:||67 %|