Fire up the barbecue with Mexican street corn. These creamy, cheesy elotes will turn any get-together into a fiesta.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 6 to 8 medium ears Canadian sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canadian feta, crumbled
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Canadian sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) ground chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) finely grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Whisk together the sauce:
In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, garlic, chipotle pepper, lime zest and lime juice.
Taste and season the mixture with salt. Set aside.
Grill the corn:
Heat a gas or charcoal grill to 400°F (200°C).
Place the corn directly onto the grill. Grill the corn for about 3 minutes, undisturbed, or until kernels begin to turn golden brown and look charred.
Turn them over and repeat.
When all sides are browned, remove from the grill onto a plate.
Top the corn with sauce and Canadian cheese:
Using a brush or a spoon, coat each ear of corn with the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese.
Sprinkle with additional chipotle pepper, if desired.
Serve with extra lime wedges.