Serving something warm with cocktails or as a first course sets a comforting seasonal tone.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) medium cornmeal polenta
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 3/4 cups (430 mL) Canadian Friulano shredded
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) melted butter
- 24 sun-dried tomatoes in oil cut in half
- 48 pitted olives black, green or both
Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add cornmeal, salt and pepper to taste and cook on medium-low heat until the cornmeal thickens and becomes creamy. Add Friulano and let melt. Stir.
Spread in an 8-inch (20 cm) square baking pan lined with parchment paper. Cool completely at room temperature.
Preheat oven to broil.
Unmould the polenta. Cut into 48 cubes and place on a baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and grill in the oven for 3–4 minutes. Garnish each cube with a sun-dried tomato half and an olive speared on a pick. Serve.
Canadian Cheese alternatives: Swiss cheese, Provolone, Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||10 % / 107 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||9 %|
|Vitamin C:||10 %|