This recipe features the 2013 Canadian Cheese Grand Prix winner in the Firm cheese category.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 1 h
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Milk
- 2 slices of bread cut into cubes
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) grated butternut squash
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pecan pieces
- 5 oz (150 g) Gunn's Hill Five Brothers cheese cut into small cubes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 1/4 lb (1 Kg) boneless skinless turkey breast
- 18 very thin slices pancetta (about 4 oz/125 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme leaves
Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
: In a small, non-stick dry skillet over medium heat, saute onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Let cool.
Beat egg with milk in a large bowl. Add bread and wait 2 minutes to allow it to soak up liquid. Stir in onions, squash, pecans and cheese. Add pepper to taste.
Slice turkey breast in half lengthwise, without cutting all the way through, and open like a book. Cover with plastic wrap and flatten with a butcher’s mallet or a rolling pin, until about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick.
Spread bottom part with stuffing and close up turkey breast to seal stuffing inside. If desired, tie with string like a roast or hold in place using toothpicks. Place in a baking dish and cover top of turkey with pancetta slices and thyme.
Roast for 1 hour or until meat thermometer reads 170 °F (80 °C). Let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with seasonal vegetables.
Prepare turkey breast, cover and refrigerate until ready to roast.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 191 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||92 %|
|Vitamin B6:||49 %|