This is the Halibut Fillets with Triple-Crème recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 10 min - 15 min
- 4 fillets (4 oz / 120 g each) halibut or cod or Trout
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) 35 % cream
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Triple-Crème or Canadian Brie or Canadian Camembert cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white Martini or other white vermouth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh chives or Tarragon
- 3 oz (90 g) fresh green beans
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a frying pan, cook fish* in butter and oil 6 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In the same pan, pour vermouth and reduce by half. Add cream and reduce again. Add fresh chives and Canadian Triple-Crème cheese. Whisk to blend, then season.
Place fillets on a bed of al dente cooked green beans. Cover with sauce and serve.
Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac
* Fish fillet need about 6 minutes per 1/2 inch (1 cm) of thickness and fish steaks about 10 minutes per 1 inch (2.5 cm) of thickness.