Halloumi Brochettes Salad with Tarator Sauce
If you haven’t tried grilling cheese brochettes on the barbecue, you’re in for a delightful surprise. The whole family will love them served on a salad inspired by Middle Eastern cuisine.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Tarator sauce
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) tahini
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- A pinch of salt
- 3 cup (750 mL) baby kale
- 1 cup (250 mL) flat parsley leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh mint leaves
- 2 green apples unpeeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) golden raisins
- 10 oz (300 g) Canadian Halloumi cubed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) melted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) pomegranate seeds
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the tarator sauce and thin with water, if needed. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside at room temperature.
Arrange all salad ingredients on a large platter.
Thread cheese cubes on 6 bamboo skewers and brush with butter.
Grill the brochettes on each side and arrange on the salad.
Before serving, drizzle tarator sauce over the dish and garnish with pomegranate seeds.
The brochettes can also be prepared in the oven. Arrange them on a baking sheet and broil until nicely browned.
Parsley and mint are wonderfully complementary flavours for tiny kale leaves, which are now sold in plastic containers.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||54 % / 599 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||44 %|
|Vitamin C:||105 %|