This quick and tasty Canadian halloumi cheese fries recipe pairs perfectly with spicy Greek yogurt dip. You'll love this delicious air fryer recipe on its own or as a side dish!
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 10-12 minutes
- Halloumi Fries
- 1 lb (450 g) Canadian halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp (3 ml) oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125 ml) panko bread crumbs
- Spicy Yogurt Dip
- ½ cup (125 ml) Canadian Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon (3 ml) paprika
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) cracked pepper
- Serve with
- Spicy Yogurt Dip
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Cut the halloumi cheese into fries that are ¼ to ½ inch (0.5cm-1.25cm) thick.
Mix flour, oregano, and garlic powder in a bowl.
Beat 2 eggs in another bowl.
Put panko bread crumbs in a third bowl.
Dip halloumi fries in the egg wash, and then coat in the flour mixture.
Dip the fries in egg wash again, and then coat with panko bread crumbs.
Repeat until all fries are breaded.
Preheat your air fryer to 180 °C/ 355 °F. Place the coated halloumi fries in the air fryer basket, making sure to leave enough space between them to allow for even cooking.
Air fry the halloumi fries for 10-12 minutes, flipping them once halfway through the cooking time. Serve immediately while they are still hot.
Top with parsley and serve with a spicy yogurt dip. Enjoy!
Spicy Yogurt Dip
In a bowl, mix together Canadian Greek yogurt, paprika, Sriracha sauce, garlic and salt and pepper.
- These can also be baked in an oven at 390F for around 15 minutes, flip the fries half way to ensure both sides are crispy.
- Leftover halloumi fries can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Keep in mind that the breading tends to soften, and the cheese will harden after being refrigerated.
- If the panko crumbs get too sticky, you can sprinkle the panko crumbs over top instead of dipping the “fries” into the panko crumbs
- You can keep the spicy yogurt dip in the fridge in an airtight container for 7-10 days.