Ham Grilled Cheese
This is the Ham Grilled Cheese recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 5 min
- Grilled cheese
- 1 rustic ciabatta bread
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz (240 g) Canadian Swiss sliced
- 9 oz (270 g) smoked ham or Black Forest ham thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula leaves
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 oz (60 g) sun dried tomatoes soaked
- 1 oz (30 g) Kalamata olives
- 1/2 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp (40 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp capers drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp Canadian Parmesan grated
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Chop together tomatoes, olives, garlic and capers. Slowly add olive oil, stir in Canadian Parmesan and finish seasoning with fresh pepper. Set tapenade aside.
Preheat barbecue to low heat.
Slice ciabatta bread straight across into round disks approximately 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick. Assemble each sandwich with Canadian Swiss, ham and arugula leaves. Lightly brush both sides of ciabatta bread with olive oil. Lightly grill each side of sandwich over very low heat. Remove from grill and place on platters with 1 tsp (5 mL) of tapenade on top.
Tapenade can be made up to 1 week ahead and may be served on top or on the side. You could also use prosciutto to replace the ham.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving