This is the Harvest Gouda and Vegetable Chowder recipe.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min - 20 min
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped cauliflower
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped broccoli
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped carrot
- 2 cans (10 oz / 284 mL each) salt-reduced condensed chicken broth undiluted
- 2 cups (500 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda* cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Melt butter in large saucepan. Cook and stir onion over medium-high heat until tender. Add cauliflower, broccoli, carrot and condensed chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Whisk milk into flour until smoothly combined; add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove pan from heat; add 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Gouda cheese and stir until it is melted. Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle the rest of cheese and serve.
For a change of taste, use another Canadian cheese: Try Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Swiss or Havarti.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||31 % / 340 mg|
|Vitamin C:||77 %|
|Vitamin A:||48 %|
|Vitamin B12:||44 %|