Prosciutto and Havarti cheeses come together perfectly in this fish roll recipe. It’s such a unique and delicious way to prepare fish for your family, you’ll want to serve it to your guests!
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 12 min
- 4 large slices of prosciutto or thin slices of ham
- 4 fillets of white fish (haddock, cod, snapper, etc.) 3-4 oz (90-120 g) each
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 sticks Canadian Havarti about 1 oz (30 g) each
- 12 spears asparagus blanched
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 tsp (10 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white wine
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
Lay prosciutto slices on a work surface and place fish fillets on top. Spread with mustard, sprinkle with chives and season.
Roll up 1 stick of cheese and 3 asparagus spears in each ham/fish layer. Secure with toothpicks.
Melt butter in a skillet and sauté rolls until golden. Set aside. Add flour to skillet and cook 1 minute, then whisk in chicken broth, wine and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and simmer 2-3 minutes.
Add fish rolls to skillet, cover and continue cooking 5-7 minutes. Adjust seasoning and serve.
You can also prepare the fish rolls in the microwave oven: Place fish rolls in a buttered, microwave-safe baking dish. Whisk together other ingredients and pour into dish. Cover and cook on high 6-7 minutes.
Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella and Provolone all provide a delicious alternative to Havarti.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||325 % / 271 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||74 %|
|Vitamin B6:||26 %|