An alluring summer meal featuring the delicate flavours of grilled salmon and Havarti cheese blended perfectly in a tasty pasta salad.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 7 min - 10 min
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) olive oil
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime zest
- 1/2 to 1 tsp (2 to 5 mL) Espelette pepper or ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb (450 g) salmon fillet or other firm fish of your choice (halibut, tilapia, etc.)
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked orzo or other small pasta
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely diced cucumber
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cherry tomato halved
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) drained capers
- 3 cups (750 mL) arugula or baby spinach
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Havarti cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice and zest and Espelette pepper. Set aside 2 tbsp (30 mL) of this mixture to brush on fish while cooking.
Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Cook fish 3 to 5 minutes per side depending on fish selected and how you like it done. Brush with reserved dressing occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
Add cooked pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes, and capers to dressing in large bowl. Toss well. Add arugula and cheese just before serving. Divide evenly among 4 plates or soup plates.
Top with grilled fish.
Dressing with pasta, cucumbers, tomatoes and capers can be made ahead. To complete the salad, simply cook the fish and add the arugula and Havarti (unless you opt to serve it cold).
For a change of taste, try with Canadian Cheddar, Gouda, Mozzarella or Bocconcini, etc.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||30 % / 330 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||198 %|