This holiday hosting season calls for a new spin on a comfort food classic - Mini Holiday Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup. Enjoy Canadian cheddar combined with creamy tomatoey goodness with every delicious dip. Fun fact: it tastes just as great no matter what shape you make it.
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- Rolling pin
- Holiday cookie cutters
- 6 slices of bread of your choice
- 6 slices of Canadian cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Canadian butter
- 2 cups (500 ml) Tomato soup
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish (optional)
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Place one slice of bread on a cutting board, add two slices of cheese, and top with another slice of bread. Use a rolling pin to flatten the sandwich
Use holiday-themed cookie cutters to create two shapes in each sandwich (check out the tip section for an idea of what to do with your scraps!).
Add Canadian butter to a pan. Once melted, grill the sandwiches on low heat, toasting both sides until golden. Keep watch to prevent cheese from oozing out. If oozing occurs, remove sandwiches from heat, allow them to cool slightly, and reshape with a cookie cutter.
Warm the tomato soup and pour it into a small bowl or glass. Place the grilled cheese shaped holiday sandwiches on top
Garnish with rosemary sprigs for an extra festive touch.
Serve and enjoy!
- Pair our creamy tomato and rice soup with your delicious holiday grilled cheese!
- Don't throw away your leftover grilled cheese! Instead, repurpose them into delicious cheesy croutons to elevate your soup experience. Treat the grilled cheese scraps just like you would when making a regular grilled cheese sandwich. Store the scraps in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When you're ready to use them as croutons, cut them into small squares, place them on a baking sheet, and crisp them up in the oven. Sprinkle these delightful croutons on top of your preferred soup for added flavour and texture!