Great smoothies are anything you want them to be! But they all start at the dairy counter. Just add your favorite flavouring to yogurt or milk for made-to-measure refreshment. Try this recipe for a Mocha Smoothie. It's a quick and nutritious way to start the day'or for an afternoon pick-me-up!
- Prep: 5 min
- 2 cups (500 mL) chocolate Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) ice cubes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) instant coffee or 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold strong coffee
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chocolate syrup or sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) vanilla yogurt
In a blender or a food processor, combine chocolate milk and ice cubes, flavourings (as called for); purée until smooth. Add yogurt.
For the Adventurous: Prepare Icy Mocha Smoothie with 2 tbsp (30 mL) coffee-flavoured liqueur in place of instant coffee.
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||21 % / 226 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||35 %|
|Vitamin D:||25 %|