Our original and delicious Indian-inspired burger combines lightly spiced, curried ground beef and Canadian Feta. The whole is topped with a creamy yogurt and coriander based garnish and sandwiched between warm multi-grain buns. These juicy burgers are sure to be the star of your next barbecue.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 1/3 lb (600 g) extra-lean Canadian ground beef
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) curry powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Canadian Feta crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 multi-grain burger buns
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 4 to 6 lettuce leaves
Preheat grill to medium heat or oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together except the buns and toppings. Season to taste.
Divide mixture and shape into 4 or 6 patties.
Place on grill or on a parchment-covered baking sheet on centre rack of oven. Cook burgers 12 to 15 minutes, turning them over just once.
Heat the buns.
Mix yogurt, mayonnaise, honey and cilantro, and season to taste. Spread onto buns.
Fill buns with patties and garnish with lettuce.
Canadian Mozzarella, Cheddar, Provolone, Gouda
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||18 % / 195 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||137 %|