This is the Irresistible Shepherd's Pie recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 35 min - 40 min
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper trimmed and chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked turkey or chicken diced
- 1 can (14 oz/750 mL) corn nibblets drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) grated Canadian Brick*
- 4 cups (1 L) mashed potatoes
- Bread crumbs
Preheat oven at 350 °F (180 °C).
In saucepan, sauté onion and green pepper in butter for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add turkey, corn and pizza sauce. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes while stirring. Pour mixture into deep oval, or rectangular, baking dish. Stir in cheese.
Spread mashed potatoes evenly over mixture and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Let stand for a few minutes and serve with ketchup.
*Try this recipe with Canadian Mozzarella or Canadian Monterey Jack.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||14 % / 158 mg|
|Vitamin C:||38 %|
|Vitamin B6:||37 %|