The unique texture and mild flavour of Israeli couscous lend a light-yet-satisfying quality to this dish, making it equally suitable as a main course or a hearty side dish. Great for picnics.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) goji berries
- 1 cup (250 mL) Israeli (pearl) couscous
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsalted shelled pistachios coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola or sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Emmental cut into cubes
- 1 peach pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh parsley coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Place goji berries in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for at least 15 minutes to soften; drain.
Cook couscous according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain.
Spread almonds and pistachios evenly on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7–10 minutes. Let cool.
In a large bowl, mix oil with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Add all the other ingredients, stir well and serve.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Swiss cheese, Medium Cheddar, Gouda.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||33 % / 358 mg|
|Vitamin C:||38 %|
|Vitamin E:||33 %|