This is the Jack-o’-lantern mini-pizzas with double Cheddar recipe.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- 6 thin burger buns thick pita bread or English muffins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) grated orange Canadian Mild Cheddar
- Decoration ideas
- Sliced olives, pepperoni slices, halved cherry tomatoes or zucchini slices.
- Sweet pepper triangle, mushroom slice, broccoli floret or cherry tomato.
- Sweet pepper strip, half an onion slice or half a tomato slice.
- Mushroom slices, sweet pepper cubes or half a zucchini slice.
- White Canadian Cheddar shapes added after cooking.
- Pumpkin stem
- Piece of zucchini or green pepper.
Preheat oven to 425oF (220oC).
Place all toppings on the table.
Place one bun in front of each child and invite them to garnish and decorate their pumpkins. Start with the sauce, followed by the orange Cheddar and the decorations.
Place the topped pizzas on a parchment-covered baking sheet. Invite the children to identify their pizzas by writing their names next to them on the parchment. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes. Finish decorating with cold white Cheddar, then let them enjoy their own mini-pizzas.
For the pumpkins: Canadian orange cheese only. For the decorations: Canadian Colby, Havarti, Mozzarella.
Learn more about
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||48 % / 532 mg|
|Vitamin C:||38 %|