The satisfying grilled flavour in this light-tasting little bite gets surprising contrast from cantaloupe and Canadian Fresh Mozzarella.
- Prep: 20 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- 1 lb (450 g) pork tenderloin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) allspice (or blend of ground cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 slider buns
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Fresh Mozzarella thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) cantaloupe thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sweet pickle relish
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
In a dish, sprinkle pork tenderloin with spices and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Cook pork tenderloin on grill for 15 minutes, turning over a few times. Remove from grill, cover with aluminum foil and let rest 5 minutes. Slice thinly.
Meanwhile, heat the buns. Place fresh Mozzarella slices on bottom halves and let melt.
Add lettuce, slices of pork and cantaloupe and garnish with relish.
Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the tenderloin and the heat intensity of the grill.The combined sweetness of the relish and cantaloupe softens the spiciness of this recipe.
Use a potato peeler to get very thin cantaloupe slices.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Gouda, Mild Cheddar, Edam.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||25 % / 271 mg|
|Vitamin B6:||41 %|