Joe Beef’s beer cheese & fresh radish canapés
This is the Joe Beef’s beer cheese & fresh radish canapés recipe.
- Prep: 40 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- hours: 24 min
- Beer cheese
- 4 1/2 oz (130 g) Canadian Quark cheese cut into pieces
- 4 1/2 oz (130 g) Canadian Cream Cheese cut into pieces
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) Canadian Blue cheese cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Canadian Pilsner beer
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 clove garlic finely sliced
- Generous pinch of paprika
- 2 bunches of radishes (about 18)
- 12 slices of rye bread
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) canola oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic peeled
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Chives and fresh herbs to taste
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Let cheeses rest at room temperature for about 1 hour.
In a small saucepan, heat beer on medium heat until just before it begins to boil.
In a food processor, blend cheeses, beer, salt, garlic and paprika until mixture is smooth. Stop processor and scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Using a heated nail or sharp tip of a small knife, make holes roughly ½˝ (1 cm) apart in 6 Styrofoam coffee cups, all around and on the bottom. There should be about 30 holes in total. Moisten 6 large coffee filters and line each cup.
Divide cheese mixture equally among cups. Place cups in a deep dish and cover with plastic wrap. Leave in the refrigerator until the next day. Unmould each cheese.
Remove radish greens. Wash radishes, pat dry and thinly slice.
Toast or grill bread. Coat with oil and rub with garlic cloves.
Transfer to a dish and divide radishes and beer cheese among toasted bread. Season generously with salt and pepper; garnish with chives and fresh herbs.
Beer cheese is an intensely savoury spread that uses beer and other flavourings to enhance the flavour of sharp cheese. It’s very easy to make at home.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||17 % / 183 mg|