This is the Kyle Panton’s chowder recipe.
- Prep: 25 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- 4 slices of bacon diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter
- 1 onion diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- 1 small carrot diced
- 6 baby red potatoes diced
- 1 ear of corn shucked, grilled and kernels sliced off
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) flour
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 4 oz (120 g) fresh salmon diced
- 4 oz (120 g) fresh halibut diced
- 4 oz (120 g) scallops
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chives chopped
- 18 steamed mussels shucked
- 18 steamed clams shucked
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 oz (180 g) Glasgow Glen Farm Mild Gouda shaved or grated
- Tea biscuits (optional)
- Steamed shellfish recipe
- 1 cup (250 mL) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) overripe tomatoes peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green onions coarsely chopped
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) whole black peppercorns
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sea salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) chili powder
- 2 whole lemons halved
- Clams and/or mussels rinsed
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
In a skillet, cook bacon on low to medium heat until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter on medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and corn; cook until soft.
Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until flour is light golden brown.
Add bacon and stir in whipping cream and milk; let thicken.
Add fish, scallops and chives. Cook over low heat for about 10 min, or until fish and scallops are cooked through.
Add mussels and clams; season with salt and pepper.
Serve topped with cheese and a tea biscuit, if desired.
Steamed shellfish recipe
Place all the ingredients except shellfish in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add clams, cover and cook for 3–4 min.
Add mussels, cover and cook for 4–5 more min, or until shells open.
Use shellfish immediately or refrigerate once cooled.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||1 % / 12 mg|
|Vitamin C:||11 %|
|Vitamin E:||22 %|