This is the Layered Cheese Pâté recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Refrigeration: 1 h 15
- 8 oz (250 g) Canadian roasted garlic Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped green onions
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 mL) grated Canadian Cheddar
- 4 oz (125 g) Canadian Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped hot pickled red peppers or pimento
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Gouda
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp (20 mL) Milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
Stir together Canadian roasted garlic Cream Cheese, chopped green onions and black pepper. Spread evenly in 4-cup (1-L) foil-lined bowl or loaf pan.
Combine grated Canadian Cheddar, Plain Canadian Cream cheese, cubed in bowl of food processor fitted with metal blade. Process until smooth. Stir in chopped hot pickled red peppers or pimento. Spread over Canadian Cream cheese layer; chill 15 minutes.
In clean bowl of processor, combine Canadian Gouda, chopped parsley, milk and salt. Process until smooth; spread over Canadian Cheddar layer. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 4 days.