Turn those Thanksgiving turkey leftovers into a sensational sandwich.
- Prep: 20 min
- Leftover Sandwich
- 3 slices quality artisan bread of your choice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) leftover turkey gravy
- 170 grams leftover turkey meat, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) leftover sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) leftover stuffing
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mixed greens, baby spinach or green leaf lettuce
- 3 Canadian Cheddar slices
- Buttermilk-Herb Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Canadian buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh sage, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) fresh thyme, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh rosemary, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) fresh chives, minced
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
Make the buttermilk-herb mayonnaise
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise and buttermilk until smooth.
Add the fresh minced herbs and fold in to incorporate. Set aside.
Prepare the bread
Toast 2 of the bread slices so it helps hold up the sandwich.
Warm the gravy in the microwave (or on the stovetop) until warm.
Transfer the gravy to a shallow bowl or plate with a rim.
Soak the remaining piece of bread in the gravy on both sides and then let it continue to soak in the gravy until ready to add to the sandwich. In the meantime, reheat the turkey, sweet potatoes and stuffing until warm.
Begin by laying down one piece of toasted bread on a cutting board.
Spread a layer of cranberry sauce over the bread.
Top with a generous amount of stuffing.
Layer slices of warm turkey over the stuffing.
Top the turkey with the gravy-soaked bread.
Add a layer of warm sweet potatoes followed by more turkey.
Finally, top the turkey with cheese slices and then some fresh greens or lettuce.
Top everything off with the final slice of toast slathered with a generous amount of the buttermilk-herb mayonnaise.