Lunchtime Ham, Vegetable and Cheddar Salad
This is the Lunchtime Ham, Vegetable and Cheddar Salad recipe.
- Prep: 15 min
- Cooking: 3 min
- 30 green or yellow beans (about 6 oz/175 g)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 1 sweet green or red pepper sliced
- 1 tomato diced
- 12 oz (375 g) cooked ham cut into cubes
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cubes or strips of Canadian Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives or green onions
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it’s made with 100% Canadian quality milk.LEARN MORE
In a saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook green beans for about 3 minutes or until tender-crisp or until desired doneness. Drain well and let cool.
In a salad bowl, mix together oil, balsamic vinegar and basil. Add beans, green bell pepper, tomato and ham and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste
Divide among serving plates and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and chives.
If you prefer, you can omit cooking the green beans and add them to the salad raw.
In place of Canadian Cheddar cheese, try Canadian Gouda, Canadian Colby or crumbled Canadian Blue cheese.
Learn more about
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 134 mg|
|Vitamin B12:||38 %|
|Vitamin C:||95 %|