This is the Maple Nut Pancakes with Hot Buttery Maple Syrup recipe.
- Prep: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) each baking powder
- 3/4 tsp (3 mL) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) walnuts or pecans toasted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) Milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter melted
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) maple extract optional
- Hot Buttery Maple Syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) maple syrup
- 1/2 butter
In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add walnuts.
In small bowl, lightly beat eggs; stir in yogurt, milk, butter and maple extract, if desired. Add to dry ingredients, all at once, stirring until just moistened. Batter should be thick.
For each pancake, spread about 1/3 cup (80 mL) batter in lightly greased frypan or griddle over medium heat. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface; turn and brown underside. Serve with Hot Buttery Maple Syrup.
Hot Buttery Maple Syrup:
In small saucepan, combine the maple syrup and the butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Let cool slightly and stir well before serving.
Makes 1-1/2 cups (375 mL).
To make alphabet pancakes, omit nuts and fill empty ketchup or mustard squeeze with batter. Cut nozzle to enlarge opening. Heat greased non-stick frypan over medium heat. Fore each pancake, squeeze batter from bottle into frypan to make different letters.