Canadian Mascarpone and vanilla ice cream are combined in this dazzling frozen summer dessert to showcase the sweet, simple flavour of 100% Canadian milk.
- Prep: 30 min
- Cooking: 10 min
- Freezing: 4 h
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsalted Canadian butter melted
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) Canadian Mascarpone softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) icing sugar
- 3 cups (750 mL) Canadian vanilla ice cream softened
- 2 cups (500 mL) raspberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raspberry jam
DID YOU KNOW?
When you see the Blue Cow Logo on a product, it means it's made with 100% Canadian quality milk that meets some of the highest standards in the world.
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press mixture into bottom of a 9˝ (23 cm) springform pan. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and let cool.
Using an electric mixer, beat Mascarpone while gradually adding milk and then icing sugar.
Gradually add ice cream, beating mixture until smooth.
Stir in raspberries with a spoon and pour mixture over the cooled crust. Smooth out top of cake.
Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until well frozen. Remove cake from pan and garnish surface with raspberry jam. Let cake sit for 10 minutes at room temperature to make it easier to cut. Cut into wedges and serve.
Note: Ice cream may be replaced by frozen yogurt.
Cheese alternatives: Canadian Cream Cheese, Ricotta, Cottage Cheese.
Nutritional informationPer serving
Top 5 Nutrients
|Calcium:||12 % / 132 mg|
|Vitamin A:||21 %|
|Vitamin B12:||18 %|
|Vitamin C:||14 %|